Trinity Episcopal School in Galveston, Texas seeks a Middle School Science Instructor for the 2022-2023 school year.
Applicants must be knowledgeable in science curriculum planning, implementing instruction, and executing effective classroom management strategies.
This position also includes working closely with the other Middle School Faculty Members, administrators, and other support personnel to ensure that all students make academic and social progress in accordance with our school’s mission and core values.
The Middle School Science Teacher must:
- Possess a strong background in Life Science, Earth Science, Integrated Physics and Chemistry, and science-based elective subjects (ex: STEM, Robotics, Environmental Science).
- Possess a passion for scientific discovery and has proven success in connecting the content to students’ innate inquisitiveness and critical thinking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement instructional plans, activities, and assessments that actively engage students in meaningful learning experiences.
- Model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful.
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and the community.
- Provide students with timely feedback and keep parents or guardians informed of students’ academic and social/emotional progress.
- Maintain an accurate record of student attendance and grades.
- Participate in full faculty and divisional faculty meetings.
- Understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school.
- An eagerness to grow professionally.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Applied experience demonstrating core knowledge of the developmental characteristics and research-based practices for effective instruction.
- A genuine passion for supporting students’ success.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in an area of education, child education, or related field.
- Teaching experience with a minimum of three to five years’ experience is preferred.
- Previous experience at an independent school is a plus.
Trinity Episcopal School provides a competitive salary and benefits package and an inviting, professional, and collegial working environment. Please send a cover letter and resume to Marie Kidd, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our School is looking for extended day workers who can help assist in our extended day program form 2:45 until 5:45. That person must be willing to enhance the learning environment for our students. The ideal candidate for this position must have experience with children.
The position requires:
- Patience and an understanding of children, and a willingness to learn.
- The stamina and flexibility to meet the demands of the position.
- A willingness to travel to different classrooms throughout the day helping when and where needed.
- One to help with preparing snacks for children, assist with the greeting of parents daily.
- Able to pass a background check and attend a SafeGuarding God's Children workshop.
Presentation of Subject Matter
- Have a respectful attitude.
- Help with educational activities when needed.
- Be able to reinforce desired behavior.
- Be able to represent the school positively in the community.
Trinity is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, age, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age (18 or older), religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Qualified applicants should complete a cover letter and resume and email materials to: Marie Kidd at email@example.com. Please visit our website at www.tesgalv.org.
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a Pre-K-8 Substitute Classroom Teacher. Applicants must be knowledgeable in planning and implementing a strong academic program and have teaching experience in their field of study. A degree is preferred along with previous experience at an independent school is a plus.
Founded in 1952, Trinity Episcopal School is an independent, co-ed, PreK-8 school. The school seeks to enroll proficient students in a strong academic program that views the whole child. Trinity graduates go on to the most selective universities and colleges across the country.
Trinity Episcopal School provides a competitive salary. Please send a cover letter and resume to Marie Kidd, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.