Top 50 Honors: Congratulations Cadee Salyer/5th Grade and Caden Henderson/8th Grade who have been selected as “Top 50” students by the Galveston Academic Excellence Booster Club. These students will represent Trinity at a ceremony in their honor next week. Cadee and Caden selected Mrs. Kelemen and John Wheeler, respectively, as the teacher that was most influential in their academic community and will also be recognized at the event.
Monday, May 7
- Teacher Appreciation Week kicks-off today. We will celebrate our faculty/staff this week with a wonderful itinerary of gifts and treats. Thanks to Mr. Ravelli, this will be school-sponsored this year. Thank you to Jocelyn Sullivan for coordinating this celebration week with the help of Lynsey Ginsberg, Sarah Sullivan, and Stephanie Vasut.
- Box Top Collection: Send in your Box Tops today. Label your baggy with student’s name/grade/homeroom teacher. Remember that there is a “non-uniform” dress day for the LS & MS class with the highest Box Top collections for the semester and a special treat for highest BS class. Thank you for your support. – Monica Clark (Leo/8th; Diego/4th; Lucas/2nd)
Tuesday, May 8
- Chapel, 8:15 AM (Logo Uniform)
- NJHS Induction during chapel Teacher Appreciation Luncheon, Eaton Hall
Wednesday, May 9
- Head of School for a Day, Ebie Ortiz/K. Thank you her family for the live auction winning bid at the recent Trinity Tribute. We appreciate your support.
Thursday, May 10
- Citizenship Breakfast, 7:15 AM, Eaton Hall
- Parent Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast, 8:00-9:00 AM, Eaton Hall
- Chapel, 8:15 AM (Dress Uniform)
- Muffins w/ Mom (PK2-PK4 only), 7:45 AM, Beginning School
Friday, May 11
- 3rd Grade Sea Star Base Field Trip
Reminder – 2017-2018 Yearbook: They are going fast! Order your yearbook today for $45. Visit www.balfour.com and select Trinity Episcopal Galveston to order. For campus orders, visit www.tesgalv.org and click the “Order Yearbook” button to print forms. Please send in forms along with cash or checks payable to TES with yearbook in the memo. Consider adding a personal or business Trinity Tribute. Tributes may be created online by you or submit the order form by May 1st. THANK YOU!
Trinity School Discount Charger Cards! At May Fete look for 7th graders to purchase your TES Discount Charger Card! Just $10! The card is good for one year, and has local businesses and restaurants that offer discounts, free appetizers and the such. It more than pays for itself with just one visit to one of these local businesses! The money raised goes toward their 8th Grade Boston Trip next year! Thanks for your support!
SUMMER AT TES
Camp Invention: This fun science program is July 9-13 (9 AM-3:30 PM). The cost is $240. Before and after childcare is available. Camp Invention also offers an installment payment plan. Log on to www.campinvention.org for more details. Send questions to email@example.com. I look forward to having a great summer! –Anna Hyatt, Camp Director
Gear Up for Summer! Registration for Trinity Summer Camp@ Beginning School will open soon. Children who are currently in grades PK2-1st will be eligible for this program. Session I will run June 6 – June 29 and Session II will be July 2 – July 27. More information to come. Hope you will join in on the fun. –Rachel Brown, Summer Program Director
VBS this Summer @ TEC
2018 Vacation Bible School! Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to Noon, June 4th-8th. Shipwrecked: Rescued by Jesus. VBS is open to children from age 4 through rising 5thgrade. The $10 registration fee includes daily snacks, sciencey gizmos and games, water day, songs, stories, making new friends and learning the Word of God! Registration now in the Church Office! VBS VOLUNTEERS: It takes over 50 volunteers to put on our VBS, so junior and senior high students and adults are encouraged to help out. (Rising 6th graders and up) Get your service hours for next year done! Youth volunteers must also register, but not pay a fee.
May 7-May 11 Teacher Appreciation Week
May 15 Texas Living Museum, 10:00-11:30 AM, Eaton Hall
May 17 New Parent Orientation, 5:30 PM, Eaton Hall
May 16-18 MS Exams
May 21 Beginning School Stepping Up Ceremony, 9 AM, Church / Fine Arts Showcase, 5:30-6:30 PM, MAC
May 22 K-8 Honors Day-10AM, Church; NJHS Talent Show-1:30 PM, MAC
May 23 Green and Gold Games
May 24 Noon Dismissal (All Students*) last Day of School, Alumni Induction Breakfast, End of Year Faculty Meeting 1-3PM, Graduation-7 PM (Mandatory attendance grades 1st-7th)
May 25 Parent/Teacher Conferences
May 29 Inservice for K-5th Teachers